Job Title: Utility Safety Outside Sales Representative
Grade / Status: Full Time / Salary
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced individual to join our team as an Outside Sales Representative. In this role, you will be responsible for selling our safety training programs as well as safety equipment, products and services to companies and contractors. Your primary goal will be to generate new business and maintain strong relationships with existing clients. This position requires a strong understanding of the safety needs within the utility world, safety regulations and a proven track record in sales.
Essential Job Functions:
- The candidate will Identify and target potential companies and contractors as potential clients. IE: utility, arborist, wind turbine, etc.
- To Conduct market research to understand the needs and requirements of these companies in terms of safety training, equipment, and services.
- Should Develop and implement effective sales strategies to generate new business and achieve sales targets.
- This position is expected to build and maintain strong relationships with existing clients, ensuring customer satisfaction and repeat business.
- Work with Instructors to provide product demonstrations and presentations to potential clients, highlighting the benefits and features of our safety training and products.
- Collaborate with the internal sales team to ensure smooth order processing and delivery of training or products.
- Candidate shall Stay up-to-date with industry trends, regulations, and competitor activities to identify new business opportunities.
- Attend industry trade shows, conferences, and networking events to promote our products and services.
- Prepare and submit accurate sales reports, forecasts, and other administrative tasks as required.
- Collaborate with the marketing team to develop promotional materials and campaigns to support sales efforts.
A minimum of 75% of time will be spent engaging with customers in person, over the phone or on virtual meets. This sales professional should be able to conduct meetings ranging from 1-1, small groups and participation in larger customer forums.
This position should have an ever going desire to learn new products and be able to deploy their value proposition is an essential part of this role. Our customers look to us to have a deep understanding of their world and how we can support their operations.
- To achieve 12% annual required growth
- 75% of your time in front of the customers and prospects in your territory
- To continually uncover new sales opportunities and create new business opportunities
- Manage and hit supportive metrics (calls, appt, opps, and quotes) in CRM
- To plan sales calls via call objectives and high-value questions
- Identify new value driven products for your customers
- Focus on the horizontal growth and lost business within accounts
Professional Skills and Requirements:
- Demonstrates mastery of skills in the areas of consultative selling, marketing principles, prospecting, networking and negotiations.
- Have a firm understanding of the competitive situation within your accounts, and within your territory
- At least 2-3 years’ experience in Sales
- Extensive knowledge of the Utility world
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable vehicle record
- Approximately 25% of time require overnight travel
- Based on salary plus commission
- Medical benefits
- Dental benefits
- Paid time off
- Annual compensation: $90,000-$130,000 to include quarterly commissions
This job description outlines the general responsibilities and qualifications for the Outside Sales Position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required for the role. The company reserves the right to modify the job description at any time based on business needs.